In order to operate a golf cart on public roadways, the vehicle must meet certain criteria in accordance with the Ohio Revised Code. An outline of those requirements can be found on the Logan County website by clicking here.
In order to register the vehicle with the BMV, the golf cart must pass an inspection. These inspections can be performed the Village of Russells Point Police Department by appointment. Please call 937-843-2245, option 2 to schedule the inspection.
To operate a golf cart on roadways within the Village of Russells Point, owners must first obtain a permit issued by the Village. A copy of the permit application and village ordinance regarding the operation of the vehicle are available by clicking the link below.
Applicants MUST provide the following information to obtain the permit:
1. Printed copy of their current golf cart registration.
2. Printed copy of their current insurance card identifying the golf cart.
3. Completed permit application.
4. Permit fee of $25.00 payable by exact cash or check.
Permits are issued at the Russells Point Municipal Building on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Weekend permits are available between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. on the following dates:
1. The first Saturday in March (Boat Show Weekend)
2. The last Saturday in April (Weekend before permit expiration)